About Me

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sometimes we just never know....

So...every once in a while...death comes and knocks on the door. Not in my own life...but in the lives of those around me. Early Saturday morning, Christopher Acree passed away.
The story goes: He was at the 5th Quarter  and couldn't drive home. Someone called him a cab, but when he got to his grandparents house, he couldn't get in because someone had his keys. So his plans were to just climb into a window. He somehow fell off the ledge. His grandpa found him early Saturday morning. 
I'm just not sure what to think at this point.  Do I think about all the ways this could have been prevented? Do I think of all the missed opportunities I had throughout the years to witness to him? Do I think of what he went through, if anything, when he was taking that last breath?

Death.

We all have to experience it. That is one thing we aren't spared from. Its the one thing that we, as humans, know absolutely nothing about. It's scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment